When you face a robbery charge in Bentonville, Arkansas, you need an experienced and knowledgeable legal team to help you navigate the complex legal landscape. At Nelson & Marks PLLC, we are committed to providing the robust defense you deserve when facing such serious charges. Our experienced Bentonville robbery lawyers understand the intricacies of the law, the severity of the consequences, and the stress you are going through. We are here to fight for your rights and provide you with the best legal representation possible.
Call Nelson & Marks PLLC today at (479) 202-4541 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our robbery attorney in Bentonville!
What is Robbery?
Robbery is a crime involving the unlawful taking of another person's property or belongings through force, intimidation, or the threat of violence. In Arkansas, robbery is considered a severe offense and a violent crime.
Robbery can take many forms, including armed robbery, carjacking, or bank robbery. The severity of the charges you may face depends on the circumstances of the crime. Our team at Nelson & Marks PLLC is well-versed in all types of robbery cases and will use our knowledge to build a strong defense tailored to your unique situation.
What are the Penalties for Robbery in Arkansas?
The penalties for robbery in Arkansas are substantial and can have a life-altering impact on the accused. These penalties can vary depending on the degree of the offense, the presence of aggravating factors, and other circumstances. Generally, robbery is classified into two degrees:
- First-Degree Robbery: This is the most severe form of robbery and is a Class Y felony. If convicted of first-degree robbery, you could face a minimum of ten years and a maximum of life imprisonment.
- Second-Degree Robbery: Second-degree robbery is a Class B felony. If convicted, you may be sentenced to a minimum of five years in prison and a maximum of twenty years.
It is crucial to remember that these are just the baseline penalties. The consequences can be much more severe if certain aggravating factors are present, such as using a weapon, injury to the victim, or previous convictions. Additionally, a robbery conviction may lead to a permanent criminal record, making it difficult to find employment or housing in the future.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Facing a robbery charge can be an overwhelming and frightening experience, but it is essential to understand that you have rights and options. At Nelson & Marks PLLC, our skilled Bentonville robbery lawyers will work to build a strong defense on your behalf. Some of the potential defenses we may employ include:
- Mistaken Identity: It is not uncommon for witnesses to make mistakes when identifying suspects. We will thoroughly investigate the evidence and challenge any inconsistencies or inaccuracies.
- Lack of Intent: To be convicted of robbery, the prosecution must prove that you intended to commit the crime. If we can demonstrate that you did not have the necessary intent, we may be able to have the charges reduced or dismissed.
- Alibi: If you can provide a credible alibi, proving that you were not at the crime scene at the time of the robbery, we can use this to challenge the allegations against you.
- Duress: If you were forced to commit the robbery under threat of harm or death, we may be able to argue that you acted under duress, which can be a valid defense in some instances.
- Violation of Rights: In some cases, law enforcement may have violated your constitutional rights during the arrest or investigation. If this is the case, we will fight to have the evidence excluded.
- Insufficient Evidence: Our skilled attorneys will scrutinize the prosecution's evidence and challenge its sufficiency to support a conviction.
Facing a robbery charge in Bentonville, Arkansas, can be a life-altering experience, with the potential for severe penalties and a permanent criminal record. However, you do not have to face this situation alone. The Nelson & Marks PLLC team is dedicated to providing top-notch legal defense for those accused of robbery.
If you or a loved one is facing robbery charges, contact our experienced Bentonville robbery lawyers today. We will use our knowledge and legal expertise to protect your rights, build a robust defense, and fight for the best possible outcome in your case. Don't leave your future to chance; let us be your trusted legal advocate during this challenging time.
Contact Nelson & Marks PLLC today to schedule a consultation with our robbery lawyer in Bentonville!
- Former Prosecutor
- Personal Access and Care
- Client-Rated 5 Stars
- Genuine Compassion and Support